Re: [Debian] support for Adaptec 2940UW2 ?

I think that the new version of the aic7xxx driver (5.1.2, if I remember
right) supports the 2940U2W.  You can pull down a copy from
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/aic/.  This may not help you if you don't have
another Debian system available, from which to create a custom install
disk... I can probably generate one for you if you aren't able to do it
yourself (it might take a day or two however).

You might try asking on the aic7xxx mailing-list.  Send an email to
majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG, with a body of "subscribe AIC7xxx" (no subject
required).