Re: lowmem installation trouble

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 12:08:14AM +0200, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 11:01:14PM +0200, Laurent PICOULEAU wrote:
> > I've installed Debian 1.3.1r6 on a 386 with 3Megs, EGA display and two 160MB
> > ESDI HD with no difficulties. Just had to compile a kernel with make zImage
[snip]
> ESDI Harddisk? What harddisk driver do you use? I tried (half heartedly) to
> boot linux on an ancient HP Vectra with 4MB RAM and an ESDI harddisk,
> without success. Any other advice except the zImage thing?
>
> Nils

Well, I don't remember the minutes but the controller was an ESDI controller
made by Adaptec (2322A ? not sure :-( ). Perhaps that I choosed to use Old
hard disk driver instead of Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk support but I think that
the two choices would work. Have you tried using your HD under DOS ? Beware of
the 34 pin cable, it looks like a floppy cable but you cannot use one for this.

Hope this helps.

--
Laurent PICOULEAU
   lcrpic@a2points.com