Re: Creating HTML

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:11:38 +0100 (BST), M.C. Vernon wrote:

>>     Unfortunately I'd like to see something on the caliber of Macromedia's
>> Dreamweaver but there is nothing which comes close in the Linux world.

>Never seen this. What does it do?

    It is a WYSIWYG editor that I think makes some decent HTML.  However,
unlike 99% of other WYSIWYG editors out there it does not screw with the HTML
you pull into it or even type into it in the pure editor side of it.  So it
doesn't mangle HTML you've already made.  It is quite intuative and, IMHO, a
"Dream" to work with.

>I would have thought that something could be done with gtk and a bit of >cleverness...

    Operative word...  "Could."  Sure, something can be done with GTK and a
bit of cleverness but nothing *has* been done and that is why I sand that
there is (presently) nothing which comes close in the Linux world.