Re: ".../movemail registered but not installed"

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 07:34:48PM +0200, Thomas Apel wrote:
> What does the following message mean and what can I do against it?
>
> ---
> Subject: Output of Anacron job `cron.daily'
> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:51:27 +0200
> From: root (Anacron)
> To: root
>
> File /usr/lib/emacs/19.34/i386-debian-linux/movemail registered but not
> installed
> ---
>
> I replaced emacs19 with emacs20 a few days ago which is also when these
> messages started. I guess emacs19 somehow wasn't removed properly. But
> where is movemail registered and how can I unregister it?

I had this problem too. I seems that when you uninstall a version
of emacs, it leaves a line in /etc/suid.conf that looks like:

emacs /usr/lib/emacs/19.34/i386-debian-linux/movemail root mail 2755

just remove or comment out that line and you should stop getting
the message.

HTH
+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +