Gnome installation

Hi all!!!

I just finished compiling Gnome 0.20 (with GTK 1.0) which included the
following packages:

    mico, mc, gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-objc, gnome-utils, gnome-admin,
gnome-graphics, gnome-games

and now I have my /etc/X11/window-managers file look like this

    /usr/local/bin/gnome-session
    /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm95
    /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm

but when X starts, it does it with the icewm window manager.

Then, I tried to put a .xinitrc file in my home directory which looked like
this:

    /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm &
    exec /usr/local/bin/gnome-session        (as stated in Gnome web site)

But, in both cases, there is only the icewm running, and when I try to run a
Gnome app (panel, gedit, gnotepad...) they all finish by:

    SIGSEGV caught!!!

What is happening?

Thanks to all!!!

Rodrigo