Re: Oracle

In <[🔎] 19981009112705.A32374@planetfall.com>, on 10/09/98
   at 11:27 AM, Jeff Noxon <jeff@planetfall.com> said:

[...]
>I wish decisions were made on technical merit alone, but this is the real
>world.  For that reason, it would be nice if Debian had a marketing
>interface to corporations like Sybase, Oracle, etc.  And we need to know
>key things like how big our user base is.  The problem is that this is a
>full-time job...  :-(

The situation is fortunately a little better than "A good technician can
get any linux software running on Debian"
Debian is "redhat-compatible" using the alien package.  If that is enough,
then try getting the www.debian.org people to put that statement somewhere
on their site, which is a sort of
"marketing interface."

Helge Hafting