Re: Thanks for mail

George Bonser writes:

 > > Wow, why such complexities? Try VM under Emacs or (better) XEmacs. You
 >
 > I would say the learning curve for netscape mail is a lot different than
 > for emacs.

I agree. OTOH, the learning curve for Windows 95 is a lot different
than for Linux. We're not supposed to be afraid of difficulties in the
first stages! :-)

 > At least netscape installs cleanly every time I have tried it.
 > I did two fresh installs of Debian last month and emacs never installed
 > either time.

When I installed hamm it installed flawlessly. What was your problem
with the installation and why don't we solve it?

 > Besides, netscape is a lot smaller than emacs and company.

I'm not sure that's true...

alexsh:~> ps auwxm | egrep '(PID|netscape|emacs)' | grep -v grep
  PID TTY MAJFLT MINFLT   TRS   DRS  SIZE  SWAP   RSS  SHRD   LIB  DT COMMAND
  197  ?    5603  62008  3140  7448 10736   148 10588  2900     0 1921 xemacs
  673  ?    2298   3790  4620 12656 17276     0 17276  5644     0 2870 /usr/lib/netscape/netscape file:/home/alexsh/web/start.html

And this is Netscape Navigator not Communicator, and XEmacs not Emacs.

Or do you refer to the size on disk rather than memory?

--
Alex Shnitman
alexsh@linux.org.il   UIN 188956