Re: Thanks for mail

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, richard wrote:

> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 21:00:01 +0100 (BST)

> Does anyone know of a mail reader for html mail? I might need one.

Netscape handles it well. When I get email with html or a hyperlink that I
want to check out, I forward it to a special username. I have netscape set
up to retrieve it using pop3 and then I can read it or click on the
hyperlink to launch the browser. I use pop3 rather than movemail because I
am running X and netscape as paulwade and I don't want netscape to touch
my regular email setup at all. I normally use pine, procmail, fetchmail,
and some ugly perl5 I wrote for mail. Everything is non-graphical so I can
telnet from any box on my network. Right now I am at a 4mb 386-40 with a
little mono VGA display. I'm glad I set it up this way because a nice big
new color monitor died this week and I don't have to steal my wife's to
get my work done.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +