Re: Do I have a win-sound card?

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Paul Rightley wrote:

> I just bought a new machine (at work) and it came with both video and
> sound on the motherboard.
[...]
> The motherboard is made by Amptron and is a PM-9100.  The description
> of the sound is "SB 16/PRO compatible with DirectSound 3D support",
> "HRTF 3D Positional Audio Technology with full duplex stereo",
> "Supports 44.1K digital audio-in (SPDIF)" and "Windows NT/98/95/3.1 and
> MS-DOS supported by drivers"

 Well, from everything I've heard, there's no such thing as a SB16 clone -
that interface is proprietary. SB Pro clones are available. That's an
8-bit interface, but hey, it's better than nothing. Try using it as a SB
Pro...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles        (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

     "Economies don't like step functions." - Dr. Leonard Bieman