RE: configuration of network card

>Hi
>
>I have asked this question b4 and did not get any satisfactory
> answer. So I
>will ask it in way that might make you people understand it better.

>I just bought a  Network Card  3com905B-TX.  This card model is not
> listed
> under modconf.  What can I do to make my linux system see and use
>this card.
>
>The card showup under pci devices. but uses the same interrupt 11
> like my vga card.
>
>Thanks
>
>Wilson Tuma

This card is supported by the 3c59x driver. If you compile it as a
module you can easily setup some parameters in the /etc/modules file,
like:

options 3c59x full_duplex=1 options=12
3c59x

This will force the card to work full-duplex on 100BT.

Unfortunately the IRQ cannot be programmed in this card but is assigned
at initialization time by your motherboard. Check to see if your CMOS
gives you options to assign IRQ to specific PCI/ISA slots. If not,
usually using a different slot will give a different IRQ.

Hope it helps,

Pedro I. Sanchez