Re: Suck/get-news problem

Gossamer wrote:

> My Debian install's -almost- making sense now!
>
> Just a few tiny things ... when I run get-news to download
> Usenet via suck, I get this:
>
> [snip]
> Total articles to download: 929
> 1836135 Bytes received in 62 mins 54.05 secs, BPS = 486.5
> Closed connection to news.mel.aone.net.au
> Building INN Batch File
> Downloaded Articles
> You can hang up the modem now
> Nothing sent -- leaving batchfile alone.
> Local posting error
>
> ... and none of the articles appear in the local spool.
>
> "Local posting error" isn't very informative!  I've checked
> /etc/suck/get-news.conf and it looks right.  I'm not an innd guru
> though, is there anything there I have to alter to let suck post my
> news locally?
>

> Gossamer

Just spent about 4 hours trying to figure that out too.  I had localhost in
/etc/news/hosts.nntp.nolimit which is supposed to give localhost access.  But
is doesn't.  I had to add localhost to /etc/news/hosts.nntp in order to make
it work.
I'm sure somebody allready filed a bug report on that.  (I'll check later)

John.