Re: How to mount UFS file systems?

>From grep@shorelink.com Fri Oct  9 14:45:03 1998

>But it is INCORRECT!
>
>mount /dev/sdd<slice> /<mount-dir> -t ufs
>
>sda = target 0
>sdb =target 1
>sdc =target 2
>sdd =target 3
>
>sdd0 = target 3 slice 0
>sdd1 = target 3 slice 1
>
>etc

The following is the output from dmesg, when I typed
	# mount /dev/sdc3 /mnt -t ufs -o ro
	mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc3,
	or too many mounted file systems

VFS: Disk change detected on device 08:20
SCSI device sdc: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 446325 [217 MB] [0.2 GB]
sdc: Write Protect is on
 sdc: sdc1 sdc2 sdc3 sdc4 sdc5 sdc6 sdc7 sdc8
ufs_read_super: can't grok byteswapped fs on dev 8/35

The scsi id of MO drive is 2.