> > My relevant system specs are:
> >
> > Logitech FirstMouse 3buttons
>
> Logitech mice rule ;)

There is something else? =)

> > S3 ViRGE 325 PCI video card
> > Canopus Pure3D 3Dfx accelerator 3D card
> > Azura JEN0B00 monitor
> >
> > Here are my questions:
> >
> > 1) Running xf86config, How can I find what to answer to the
> RAMDAC question?
>
> Um.... do you NEED to?
> Generally I leave that one unanswered (answer Q I believe)

I don't know if I need to, so I asked anyway. And yes, the answer's Q.

> > 3) After goign through the entire xf86config process, (and
> givin no answer
> > to the RAMDAC question), the config file is broken, and the
> xserver does not
> > recognize the line "Viewport    0 0". What does that line mean,
> and what is
> > the problem?
>
> can you do this...

Nice trick... Is there something like DOS's >prn to send to the printer in
Debian?

> startx 2> err
> This will log the errors into a new file "err"...then post the contents
> of it so we can see the error?
> the relevant lines from the XF86Config file woul dbe apreciated
> also.

Both files are disponible at the following addresses (for a *whopping* 30k):

http://free.prohosting.com/~themoose/ERR
http://free.prohosting.com/~themoose/XF86CONF

Sorry, I should have done that the fisrt time.

> > 4) What X client is favorable, I mean, is there one in
> particular gaining
> > attention and support, or is it just personnal taste?
>
> I am not sure what you are asking? Man progrmas could be considered
> "X Clients" in fact... every program which uses X is an "X Client"
> (since the screen itself is the "Server").
>
> What specifically do you have in mind when you say X Client?

What would be the most like the Windows' Shell. (Or LiteStep. See following
question)

> Can you elaborate?

Sure, see previous comment. =)

> > 5) Since I'm using Litestep (http://www.litestep.net) in Win95, I'll
> > probably be using AfterStep in Xwindows, Where can I find the
> wharfs/*.app
> > things?

----
Christian Lavoie