Re: DOCUMENTATION: Tutorial/FAQ for APT?

Thanks much.
libc6 (glibc2) is no problem, but I shall have to check the c++ libs.
These would be runtime and not dev?  I'm sure I have these!

Thanks,
Jeremiah

---Ian Stuart <Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Jeremiah Cornelius wrote:
> > I understand that an Apt command-line and gui client are available.
> > Are these in Slink?
> There is no GUI client as yet (and won't be for a while yet, I
> predict..)
>
> The package is part of slink. If you ftp to ftp.debian.org (or,
> preferably, your nearest Mirror), look in slink/binaries_xyz/admin you
> will find apt (apt_0.1.6.deb)
>
> The package depends on libc6 (which may be a problem) and libstdc++2.8
>
> There is plenty of documentation in /usr/doc/apt, including
> guide.text.gz
> --
> Ian Stuart
> Computing Services
> The University of Edinburgh
>

> --
debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null

==
Jeremiah Cornelius
"It's not whether you win or lose, but the platitudes you use."