slink: pppd & libcrack problem with last night's download?

    Last night, I did an upgrade download.  Today, the power went
down while I was at work, so this box rebooted.

     I tried "sudo pon," and no dialin.  The following message
was displayed:
  /usr/sbin/pppd: error in loading shared libraries
  libcrack.so.2 cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory

      I also tried to dial in from root, and it did not work.  Could
someone help me to get pppd running again while the problem is
solved?  Thank you.

Art