Re: couple of question..

On  7 Oct, tracheotomy_bob wrote:
> First the most important question. Does anyone have experience running a Matrox Millennium G200?
> I assume it needs special drivers as they're not standard in XFree86, so where do I get them from?
> Can anyone recommend a truly excellent card for X.

Not a G200, but I do have the original Millenium.  However, I
there are Matrox drivers for the G200 that have been tweaked by S.U.S.E.
and donated back to XFree86.  Try their web site
(http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html).  There are a number of people
(including me) who swear by Matrox cards, especially the Millenium line.

> If I install just the binary CD (cheapbytes) and run XF86Setup. Setup runs ok, but when I exit,
> I have no visible text when I type I have to log out and then everything is ok. It's almost as
> though the normal vga driver is being screwed. Has anyone else had this happen? (I've got a
> Videologic GrafixStar 600)

Dunno 'bout this one, sorry.

--
Stephen Ryan                   Debian GNU/Linux
Mathematics graduate student, Dartmouth College