couple of question..

First the most important question. Does anyone have experience running a Matrox Millennium G200? I assume it needs special drivers as they're not standard in XFree86, so where do I get them from? Can anyone recommend a truly excellent card for X.

If I install just the binary CD (cheapbytes) and run XF86Setup. Setup runs ok, but when I exit, I have no visible text when I type I have to log out and then everything is ok. It's almost as though the normal vga driver is being screwed. Has anyone else had this happen? (I've got a Videologic GrafixStar 600)

I'll keep ya posted...