Re: Fax Software

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, David Frye wrote:

> Can anyone tell me of a good fax software package for Linux. I see that
> they have an efax, hylafax, and mgetty-fax. Which of these is the
> easiest and most reliable to use?

I've been pretty happy with hylafax, although the version in slink doesn't
seem to initialize my modem (USR Sportster) properly so I went back to the
hamm version. I could never get efax to work.  I couldn't get faxgetty to
run and still work with data, so I got a second modem (as far as I can
tell, this is more a modem problem than a software problem although it did
work in Win95--ugh).

Bob

----