Graphics card Matrox Productiva AGP

Hi,

my new PC has a Matrox Productiva AGP graphics card, and I'm
installing Debian on it. There doesn't seem to be a xserver in hamm or
slink by now -- or is anybody running X-win on such a beast?

I know that SuSe has developped a special server for the Productiva,
but how to install this one in a Debian system?

The SuSe server would be compiled against libc5, while debian is libc6
so the SuSe server might not work.  You could get the source and
rebuild it locally on your system to install it.  Just put the
resulting binary in the same directory as the debian supplied servers
and modify ../X11/Xserver (I think).

I would even be satisfied with an existing server with fewer
capabilities, it's only important that I can work in X-win with Xemacs
and some tcl-apps. I've tried with the VGA16-server, but it only
showed a black monitor.

Any help appreciated,
thanks,
joachim