help with fonts in X ?

I'm failing to see how I can use a particular font in certain X
applications. I installed rasterman's nexus font (available from
enlightenment.org or somewhere similar) as a fixed width font and use
it in my rxvts (rxvt -fn nexus) and it works fine. However, I'd like
to use it in The Gimp, maybe Netscape, and elsewhere possibly
later, but it *never* shows up in the list of fonts even in Netscape
under fixed width fonts. Is there an entry in my XF86Config that I
have to edit to get this font to be listed with the rest of the
default fonts for these applications? It's already in my fontpath as
rxvt finds it with no problems....... I think I'm missing a
fundamental X font concept somewhere

.adam

--
   Adam Lazur - Computer Engineering Undergrad - Lehigh University
              icq# 3354423 - http://www.lehigh.edu/~ajl4

   "People disagree with me.  I just ignore them."
    -Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel.