Installation problem

Hi all!!

I just got Debian 2.0 and tried to install in my two computers. One is a 386
with 20 MB of RAM - the installation was successful. The other one is a
Pentium MMX 200 with 64 MB of RAM - here the installation script
(install/boot.bat) stopped when detecting hard disks. This is the output

    hda: Quantum.......
    hdb: ATAPI cd-rom....                        ->>>> it stops here
( following should be ----> ide0 ......)

and that's it, it stops there, going no further. I had the same problem with
Debian 1.3, RedHat 4.2/5 and suse 5.1. The disks are IDE and the cdrom works
well, since it is the one I used to install Debian on the 386. Is it a
problem with my hardware, or is there a way of finding a solution, because
it is ok on the 386, but sometimes you get desperated because it is too slow
for some things, and I would like to use Linux in a more powerful box.

Thanks very much in advance