Re: What causes single user boot?

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Christopher D. Judd wrote:
> > Make sure the sixth field in your /etc/fstab is set to 0(zero) or
> > empty for removable media. From 'man 5 fstab'
[...]
>      Sure enough, that fixed it.  Odd that this problem only showed up
> when I upgraded to Hamm, though.  Thanks for the tip.

 Same here. I have an external removeable-media drive that, in the fstab,
is nominally ext2. If I boot with an msdos-formatted cartridge, however, I
get the 'Ctrl-D' prompt. This didn't happen until I upgraded to Hamm. Now
that I know the fix I'll be sure to update my fstab.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248)377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com
                       Free Stereogram!
    Try to make the two "O"s in the next row look like three:
                              O    O
n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n
f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f
e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e
a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a
a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a
r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r
r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r