Can't load library

Trying to get Netscape 4.5b2 up and running on Debian 2.0, I get
the error message that:

Netscape: cannot load library "libXpm.so.4"

I have the same Netscape running fine on a Suse 5.2 partition with libXpm.so.4
installed in the same default directory (/usr/X11R6/lib).  I have used
Slackware, Red Hat, Suse and now Debian.  I had no idea there was so much
difference between the setup on Debian and the other dist.  I would appreciate
a well placed nudge in the right direction.

  Ken Archer - San Antonio, Texas       "As soon as I get all my
  email - karcher@idworld.net            penquins in a row I'll
                                         get right on it..."
           (o-