Re: threads package for libc6

I have another Linux threads question.  Since POSIX threads are already built
into the libc6 in hamm, I assume that the standard C libraries are also
thread-safe.  The guys who are developing on the Linux Debian systems that I
built for them have been telling me of some odd things that they have
observed.  Code with threads and select/read/write behaves differently on
Linux than it does on Solaris.  They keep getting "resource not available"
errors on the file descriptors.  On the Solaris man pages there is an
MT-LEVEL section that specifies whether a function is thread safe or not.
They assume that because a similar section is not seen in the Linux man
pages, the functions may not be thread safe.  However I think that if libc6
in hamm supports POSIX threads, then the library functions in there must be
thread safe.  Any ideas on this from you guys?

regards
jmb