Re: Best way to install debian 2 without bootable cd?

On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 10:19:18AM -0700, Allan Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed debian before via floppies and ftp. now i have the
> cheapbytes disks and i cannot read my cdrom from dos, it works on
> windows 95.so i would appreciate any hints from the list.

On my current Debian cd there is a directory called install. in this
directory are files that can be copied to a dos partition and can boot linux
with no cd. I copied boot.bat, loadlin.exe, root.bin, and linux to the dos
drive.

I also had to copy the drv1440.bin file to the dos drive since I need
drivers for my proprietary cdrom drive to complete the installation from cd.
I put everything into a directory named debian, then type boot.

Boot windows 95.
mkdir c:\debian
copy (from cdrom/install) boot.bat loadlin.exe root.bin linux (to) c:\debian
reboot to dos
cd c:\debian
boot