Re: Mouse Device

*- Christopher Jay Stevenson wrote about "Mouse Device"

| I'm buzy installing X Windows
| (I have xsave and the Xserver for general SVGA)
| and I don't know where my douse is in /dev.
|
| (I told the kernel to include support a PS/2 mouse, and I have a
| Microsoft Intellimouse on a PS/2 port.)
|
| Oh... /dev/mouse doesn't exist.

/dev/psaux is the device for a ps/2 pointing device.  /dev/mouse is
never a real device file it is just a symbolic link to whatever your
pointer device is.  i.e 'ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse'.  Lots of apps
use /dev/mouse by default(not X though) and assume the sysadmin has set
up the appropiate link.

--
Brian
							   - unknown