Re: Emacs keybinding of Ctrl-[

> C-[ is the same as ESC, I think. So that's your problem.
And there is no way to separate ESC and C-[ ?
I mean, who uses C-[ to get an ESC??

> Maybe if you redefine ESC, but you probably don't want to do that.
I don't think so. :-)

> Do you have an alt or meta or compose key you could use? You could use
> Xmodmap to remap right alt or right control to Hyper or Compose or some
> other key not found on US keyboards.
Good idea.  The right Alt key is not so handy, but I never use capslock.
So I decided to map capslock on the right alt key and Hyper on the
capslock key.  But that's how far I got.  How do I go from there?

> Then you could use that for your Emacs bindings.
How do I use Hyper, please?

Can I use xmodmap to get udiaresis etc. with Hyper-[ ?  That way
I wouldn't even have to bother with setting up emacs and would
have the keys in all applications.  I tried:
 keycode 0x1C  = Hyper_L
 add     Mod4  = Hyper_L
 keycode 0x56  = bracketleft braceleft udiaeresis Udiaeresis

But that didn't work. :-(

Help, anybody help?
 Andy.

--
 Andy Spiegl, University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
 E-Mail: Andy@spiegl.de     URL: http://www.spiegl.de