keyboard issues

Hi all,

I've got a PC with an ASUS BX motherboard, a diamond viper 330 AGP, and
a PS/2 style connected keyboard.  The automatic key repeat rate is a little
too slow to my liking.  I have tried to change this using the Keyboard
section in /etc/X11/XF86Config, and with the xset command.  Neither
seems to have any noticeable effect on the repeat rate.  Another odd
thing that occurs is that every now and then the keyboard introduces an
extra ` (back quote) character when I'm typing.  Is there anyone on the
list who recognizes these things or knows what to do about them?

thanks in advance,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032