Re: printcap rerouted filter

Okay, I'm getting closer to my goal of routing a printjob to both an
email message and a printer.

My beeper-filter looks like this:

#!/bin/sh (originally /usr/bin/perl)
my $MAIL
open (MAIL, "|mail -s \"911 Call\" westk@nicanor.auc.edu");
while (<>) {
	print MAIL;
	print;
}
close (MAIL);

I'm not familiar with either shell programming or perl programming;
someone sent this file (in it's basics) to me, only it was designed for
perl. I never could get a perl script to work, but a simple shell script
(designed to route captured print data to a text file) workd. So I've
simply changed his perl script to be a shell script, but I suspect shell
commands/syntax are different from perl. I'd appreciate it if anyone
could either help me get perl to work, or help me to convert this script
to a shell script. Thanks!

Kent