Re: There is necesary libc5-altdev to compile ld.so?

On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 08:36:18PM -0300, Hernan Joel Cervantes Rodriguez wrote:
>I am having problems with the ld.so and/or with the libc6. I released my
>"bo" linux to "hamm" 2 week ago. I used the "cd-autoup.sh" program.
>
>The upgrading was fine and without big problems. However the myself
>compiled programs, after the upgrading, do not run anymore. The programs
>stop with SIGSEGV signal after calling to getpid().

In all likeliness, this is because the dynamic loader cannot find the libc5
version of a library your program is linked against, and loads it against
the libc6 library.

In the "NEEDS" part of the output of "objdump --all-headers" on your binary,
you can find which libc5 libraries the binary was linked against. Compare
that to the output of "ldd" on your binary, which shows you what libraries
the binary will be loaded against. If "ldd" shows it being loaded against
libc6, or both libc5 and libc6, that's the problem; it shows you haven't
installed a particular libc5 library (which can be found in hamm's "oldlibs"
section).

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.