Re: PPP Connection Speed

dave writes:
> does redhat have bsdcompression turned on, and debian not?

Debian does not have either bsdcomp or deflate in the distributed options
file.  However, I believe that pppd will agree to either if the other end
offers it.  Perhaps his isp is not offering compression: try putting
'bsdcomp 15,15' in /etc/ppp/peers/provider.

> does redhat have a mru/mtu set, and debian not?

Debian has no mru or mtu in the distributed options file.  However, pppd
defaults to 1500, which should give maximum throughput.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)