To:               Russell D. Cook@ENG@WOSF
Bcc:
From:             "russcook" <russ@icon.net>
Subject:          test message
Create Date:      Monday, September 28, 1998 8:09 PM
Send Date:        Wednesday, December 31, 1969 7:00 PM
Attach:
Certify:          N
This is a test message from russ@p90.mydomain after reconfiguring smail.

<End test message>

In the file /etc/smail/maps/from I put my Debian account names in the left
column,
and my Icon.net account name in the right hand column.  Did I do this
correctly,
or backwards?  For example,
/etc/smail/maps/from
russ	russcook@icon.net (Russell Cook)

If someone would like to see my config files, I'd be happy to post them.
I'm not at my
home machine right now.
Is there a web site where I can read smail docs and FAQs? The documentation
on my
machine is in "info" format or some such, and I don't know how to format it
for reading.

Also, I use fetchmail and Pine to read my mail.  Fetchmail connects, and
retrieves my mail -
I have verbose set, so I know it connects and transfers messages, and I
have the keep option
active.  However, no messages are saved on my machine.
/var/spool/mail/russ is a zero length
file.  The mail does not seem to be in my home directory either.  Can
anyone suggest things
to check?

This is a long post.  I hope someone can help.

Thanks,
	Russ

Russell Cook, Engineering Branch
WSR-88D Operational Support Facility
(405)366-6520 x4237
russcook@icon.net, rcook@osf.noaa.gov

----------
> From: Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de>
> To: Debian Userslist <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: wrong From: and/or Return-Path:
> Date: Sunday, September 27, 1998 10:53 AM
>

> >> "HMG" == Horacio Menezo Ganau <horacio@vlc.servicom.es> writes:
>
> [Headerrewriting with smail]
>
> HMG> Please, send any answers to "homega@vlc.servicom.es" since I don't
think a
to any of

> Well, I send it to the list. Shouldn't be a problem, right?
>
> Try this (I got it from someone else some time ago):
>
> -----[/etc/smail/routers]-----
> smart_host:
> 	driver=smarthost, transport=smtp-remap;
> 	path=your.providers.smtp.host
>
> - -----[/etc/smail/transports]-----
>
> [...]
>
> smtp-remap:
> 	driver=tcpsmtp, max_addrs=100, -max_chars, inet,
> 	remove_header="From",
> 	insert_header="From:
${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/from}{$value}{agr30@uni-koeln.de ($from:
$fullname)}}",