Re: encrypted passwords with pop3/imap/...?

Ulisses Alonso Camaro <ulisses@pusa.eleinf.uv.es> writes:

> I know that one possibility is to use ssh to forward this connections...
> but I can't be sure that users will make use of it...

You can be sure if your firewall disables connections to your mail server,
and then provide directions on how to use ssh to forward the port through
the firewall.  The second method of using ssh in the "fetchmail" FAQ is
working extremely well for me.  (I _do_ only have two users fetching mail,
though :-))

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |