Re: Redirect printer output to email?

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 09:58:35AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> > This isn't specifically Debian-related, but if I can get this done it'll be
> > a major score on campus for Linux in general and Debian specifically.
> >
> > Can I print from a Win95 box to a Debian queue and route that output to an
> > email message as well as to a printer?
>
> Easy. Use lprng. It can daisychain filters. Read stdin, pass the data to
> stdout and at the same time pass the relevant data to a pine to mail. Use
> the second filter to talk to samba to get the file printed.
>
> BTW, sounds really interesting.
>
>                                         Marcelo

This sounds like a method I'd like to try, but I'm too new at Linux/Unix
to have much of a clue. Could you possibly give me a snippet of example
of what my /etc/printcap should look like for this, as well as a general
idea of what the email filter would look like, and how to daisychain
them together? Thanks.