Re: viewing ansi graphics

Heh heh, I remember the days of DOS and BBSing and The Draw and DOOM II
and MODs and demos....

I don't know how to display the higher-ascii characters in the text-mode
console, but if under X you start an xterm or rxvt or whatever and load
it with an ansi font (eg xterm -font vga or rxvt -fn vga, you'll need to
download the font first) then you can properly display all those colored
blocks and funky characters. If anyone knows how to display these
characters in text mode, please let me know.

I'm thinking it might be possible with the 2.1.x kernels, because they
let you display all kinds of weird things in text mode like yellow
prompts and graphical penguins, IIRC. But I may be wrong.

Christopher