Re: wmppp and ISDN

On Sun, Sep 27, 1998 at 12:34:17PM +0200, Torsten Hilbrich wrote:

> - if I press the checkmark, I want the yellow light to appear to
>   indicate, that my connection is in dial-on-demand state (i.e., the
>   default route is set to ippp0 and the interface is waiting for the
>   next paket to dial out).

I never got the yellow light to behave. The thing is, wmppp.app author uses
RH, and his script is of the "run something, wait for something, quit"
style. Now, to your problem. wmppp.app is configured in a funny way. The
yellow light indicates the "checkmark" has been pressed, and it's waiting
for a connection to be stablish. Problem is, it waits for a fixed ammout of
time (the author script gives up after a fixed ammount of time, I think).
What you want it to do is to wait forever. That can't be changed. Since I
also want a similar behaviour for my modem, I'll look into it.

> - when the isdn connection is established, the green light should
>   appear and the timer should start

When the PPP interface comes up, /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/0wmppp is run. That script
touches /var/run/wmppp.ppp0; wmppp uses the (modification?) date of that
file to update the on-line timer. /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/wmppp removes the file
in /var/run; when the file is gone, the green light is gone.

> The display of the current isdn load would be great too ;-)

Bingo. That's what I wanted to ask... I've never seen a machine running
Linux+ISDN, so I have no clue about this. wmppp.app monitors /proc/net/route
and looks for the ppp interface (ppp0, ppp1, ...) I guess ISDN interfaces
use another name... I could be as simple as making wmppp look for that
interface. Also, get_statistics is ppp specific. It should be modified to
work with ISDN.

HTH,

				Marcelo