Re: Habe ein Problem

On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 01:31:07PM +0100, Manuel wrote:
> Da kommt dann die Fehlermeldung, "No acces methos is selected/
> configured." Dann habe ich ausprobiert, Acces. Wenn ich dann das Laufwerk
> auswaehle (weil ich ja von CD-ROM installiere). Dann kommt diese Meldung,
> "Insert the CD-ROM and enter the block device name".

You don't tell what went wrong afterwards; I'll assume you don't know what
block device name to provide.

The block device name is the name by which Linux refers to your CD-ROM.
Unfortunately, this question can be confusing to a new user, as no
suggestions are made.

Assuming your CD-ROM is an (E)IDE one, the block device name is one of
/dev/hda (first IDE interface; master), /dev/hdb (first IDE interface;
slave), /dev/hdc (second IDE interface; master), /dev/hdd (second IDE
interface; slave).

Hope this helps,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.