Re: Segmentation Faults

> 	Sorry to bother everyone here, but I have been getting a lot of
> segmentation faults lately and I was wondering what causes them. I think I
> have heard on this list before that it is causes by bad memory chips and
> just wanted to verify this.

This can indeed be the case.  If you have more than one dimm, or more
than two simms, you can test this by removing half of your memory, see
if you get the same errors, then install the other half, and check
again.  It could also be the processor.  If you are overclocking, stop
doing that.  If it only occurs after some time, it may be a heating
problem.  Have a look at the processor and power supply fans.

You don't happen to run some development kernel I suppose?

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032