Re: wwwoffle - how do I use it?

>> "JS" == Johann Spies <jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za> writes:

JS> I do not understand how wwwofle works.  When online I try to go to a
JS> specific site on the web (using lynx), I get the message "wwwofle will
JS> get".  That is nice for reading ofline, but how do I go the site directly?

wwwoffle knows a "offline" and a "online" mode (and a "autodial" mode
to list them all).

When you get online, you have to set wwwoffle into online mode as
well. This should be configured already.

Check the directory /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
There should be a file wwwoffle. It has to be executable and should
read:

#!/bin/sh -e
## This script is run when the ppp link goes up.
## It simply puts wwwoffle online.

wwwoffle -online

In /etc/ppp/ip-down.d, you have a wwwoffle script to put it into
offline mode.

Also make sure you actually call these scripts. In /etc/ppp/ip-up,
there should be a line
run-parts /etc/ppp/ip-up.d

Analogous in ip-down.

Ciao,