Re: wrong From: and/or Return-Path:

>> "HMG" == Horacio Menezo Ganau <horacio@vlc.servicom.es> writes:

[Headerrewriting with smail]

HMG> Please, send any answers to "homega@vlc.servicom.es" since I don't think a

Well, I send it to the list. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

Try this (I got it from someone else some time ago):

-----[/etc/smail/routers]-----
smart_host:
	driver=smarthost, transport=smtp-remap;
	path=your.providers.smtp.host

- -----[/etc/smail/transports]-----

[...]

smtp-remap:
	driver=tcpsmtp, max_addrs=100, -max_chars, inet,
	remove_header="From",
	insert_header="From: ${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/from}{$value}{agr30@uni-koeln.de ($from: $fullname)}}",
	remove_header="Message-ID",
	insert_header="Message-ID: <$id@$primary>",
	insert_header="Sender: ${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/from}{$value}{agr30@uni-koeln.de ($from: $fullname)}}";
	use_bind, defer_no_connect, -local_mx_okay, defnames

- -----[/etc/smail/maps/from]-----
root	agr30@uni-koeln.de (root)
martinb	agr30@uni-koeln.de (Martin Bialasinski)
robot	martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de (Testuser)

So, smail will use the address on the right for the user on the
left. If the user is not found in the file, the default address in the
transports file will be used.

HTH,
	Martin