Re: X-Win S3 setting error

On: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 02:52:56 -0400 Anatol Quabach writes:

> On 26.09.1998, at 14:37, Michael Beattie wrote:
>> Edit /etc/X11/Xserver, and set the first line to the location of
> XF86_S3,
>> like so:
>>
>> /usr/bin/X11/XF86_S3
>>
>> This should have been done by the xserver-s3 package's install
> script, but
>> you may have installed the vga16 one afterwards. Another way to do
> it is
>> to reinstall the S3 xserver.
>
> I think I have a similar problem, but I don't quite understand, what
> you mean. Just inserting a line that points to the location of the S3
> (in my case SVGA) server? Sorry if I'm asking lame questions, but I
> didn't get it.

Yes.  Here is my /etc/X11/Xserver file for reference:

  /usr/bin/X11/XF86_S3
  Console

  The first line in this file is the full pathname of the default X server.
  The second line shows who is allowed to run the X server:
  RootOnly
  Console      (anyone whose controlling tty is on the console)
  Anybody

	Torsten