Re: Modprobe Question

On Sat, Sep 26, 1998 at 01:08:51PM -0500, Ed Cogburn wrote:

> 	Did you mean you *commented out* those lines or that you *uncommented*
> those lines.  To kill the error messages, these line need to be
> *UNcommented out*.  I just discovered, though, that for whatever reason,
> the new location of the config files, in /etc/modutils/, isn't being
> read.  Only /etc/conf.modules is being read.  Don't know why.  I'm also
> using a custom-compiled kernel, with no modules built for the above
> protocols, so that may make a difference (are standard "kernel-image"
> packages built with everything as modules?).
>

> --
> Ed C.

	Thanks again, Ed. Yes I meant to say I UNcommented them OUT. But I
didn't know about the /etc/conf.modules and had checked the
/etc/modules/aliases and they were UNcommented out already. But when I check
the /etc/conf.modules the AppleTalk was not UNcommented out. (is that an
"Exclusive OR" or NOR? :)) Anyway UNcommented the AppleTalk protocol as the
APX and IPX were already uncommented. As for the standard Kernel-Images, I
am not familar with it so I can't answer that part of your question.

	Thanks again....

Mike Acklin
Debian User