getting a PCI modem to work in Debian 2.0?

Howdy folks,

My roommate is trying to set up Debian 2.0 on his new AMD K6-2 system
and he's run into kind of a stumbling block that I am at a loss on.  We
got his Soundblaster set up fine, which is an ISA card.  However, we
can't figure out how to get the modem set up.  It is a "plug-n-pray"
Creative Labs "Modem Blaster" internal PCI 56k modem.  The isapnptools
does not report that this card exists.  He got it set up under Windoz NT
using COM3.  Any suggestions on how to get this card operational under
Debian?

I tried opening minicom and directly addressing /dev/ttyS2 (com3) but no
such luck... nothing lives at that address.  Does he need to put
something in a config file or compile special PCI support into the
kernel?  I had no problems with my internel modem, but then again it is
an ISA card.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

sincerely,

Preston Landers
planders@mail.utexas.edu