Re: simple password

Jason Herring Dale Davis wrote:

> I believe that if you just enter  your simple password the program will
> say that it is too simple if you really want to use that password then
> just enter it in again this time it should go on and ask you to reenter
> the password and you'll be done...
>
> Jason Davis
> jdavis@eng.utah.edu
> On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Phillip Neumann
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >

> > This maybe a stupid question, but i want to change my password. When
> > putting `passwd' linux askme for the new password. I put it in, and
> > linux said it is too simple.... what can i do for linux dont say me
> > that? Currently i have NO password, so i dont understand why linux say
> > the new i write is `simple'. Maybe linux isnot conciently know about my
> > current one...
> >

> > thanks,
> > --

Hi,

Well, actually it didnt work. you can see:

[filsin@computron] ~ --> passwd
Changing password for filsin
Old password:
Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 8 characters)
Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
New password:
Bad password: too similar.  Try again.
New password:
Bad password: too similar.  Try again.
New password:
Bad password: too similar.  Try again.
New password:
Bad password: too similar.  Try again.
New password:
Bad password: too similar.  Try again.
The password for filsin is unchanged.

I have now my password as `password123`. I still want to put it as `password`......

Thanks,

                       /      Phillip  Neumann       /
                      /     filsin@bigfoot.com      /