Re: simple password

DAVID B. TEAGUE wrote:

> Horacio writes:
>
> > > This maybe a stupid question, but i want to change my password. When
> > > putting `passwd' linux askme for the new password. I put it in, and
> > > linux said it is too simple.... what can i do for linux dont say me
> > > that? Currently i have NO password, so i dont understand why linux say
> > > the new i write is `simple'.
>
> Other folk will have
> suggestions that are perhaps better.

I find that using the first letter from each word in a sentance or
phrase (including a mix of capitalization and punctuation) makes for
easy to remember, almost impossible to guess passowrds.  Obviously,
don't pick well known phrases: "Tb,ontb;", is certianly a bad choice.)

Use them as timely mantras, and change them when they get out of date.

Keith