3c905 driver installed, but not in ifconfig??

I have a 3com 3c905 Ethernet card that I can't quite get to work.  I have
turned _OFF_ the
PNP OS option in my bios btw.  :>  I recompiled the 2.0.35 kernel including
Network
support, and the 3c59x driver as a module.  When I boot in Linux, the
driver loads fine,
says it detects the card at IRQ5(which is correct), and the rest of the
info looks fine.
However, when I log in and type 'ifconfig' the only device listed is the
Local Loop Back,
and I can't ping an IP...  it says "Network Unreachable"  With the eth0
interface not in
ifconfig I don't find this surprising...  Any ideas on what I can try to
get it up and
running?  Thanks.

--Evan Van Dyke
Evan Van Dyke					E-mail: evandy@netcom.com
Page: 15442232@pager.mirabilis.com		ICQ#: 15442232
DNRC's Minister of Lost Internet Packets.       O-
Amateur Radio Call Sign:  KB8PVE
	"Quoth the Raven...  'Nevermore!'" --Edgar Allen Poe
	"I'll bet that all you can do is watch the ball bounce around the screen"
					   --Dilbert to Management