qmail-pop3d/xinetd/vchkpw -- my madness.

I currently have a server running qmail as its MTA.  I would like to run
qmail-pop3d as my pop3 daemon but I can't seem to get checkpassword or vchkpw
to like the way debian handles shadow passwords. (i.e. with -lcrypt instead
of -lshadow...)

Is there anyone here running xinetd and qmail-popup+vchkpw that could show me
the light?

Here's my current config.  While this works for virtual hosts, it doesn't work
for normal user accounts, so I am forced to run cucipop on another port for
those.

service pop-3
{
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = vpopmail
        server          = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
        server_args     = flounder.net /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir
        only_from       = 0.0.0.0
}

Maybe there is an incredibly easy way of doing this that I'm missing...
anyone?

--Adam
---
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `:)'

Adam D. McKenna
adam@flounder.net