Re: Communications with Psion handheld computers/diaries?

Johann Spies <jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za> wrote:
> Does anyone know whether backup-software exists in linux enabling a
> linux
> box to communicate with a Psion Siena?

Yes - you need an app called p3nfs - I have it as an rpm back from when
I had a RedHat system, but I know it is available as a Debian package.
Basically once installed, you can mount your Psion just like you can any
other disk etc.. Very neat to see all your Psion stuff on your Linux
box!

Not sure if these web pages still exist, but try:

http://wol.ra.phy.cam.ac.uk/mackay/psion/psion.html

http://info.bris.ac.uk/~lwmdcg/Psion/

The first is a guide to getting the Psion to link with a Linux box so
that would be *very* useful!

Note that my experiences have been with the Series 3 and 3a - I have
never used a Siena so it may be different.

Good luck!

--
Phillip Deackes
Debian Linux v.2.0