Re: Install probs; base1 panic

At 02:27 AM 9/23/1998 +0000, you wrote:
>May be I should desribe the problem of linux-installation exactly.
>
>  I already had the floppys needed for installation such as
resc1440.bin,drv1440.bin,base14-1.bin ... and base14-5.bin.

>  First ,I put the  resc1440.bin into driver A and boot the system, it
worked and prompted me for boot-methods and parameters choosing. there were
four methods ,I selected 'floppy0' ,put into drive A with 'base14-1'.bin
and pressed the return-key.
>  The mechine sent me message 'Kernal panic :VFS: Unable to mount root fs
on 02:00' finaly.

>Maybe you can tell me that which boot-method and floppy being used is
correct.
>Thanks!

Yes, if you got to the point where it prompted you for boot methods, etc,
you're doing fine. 'floppy0' is the first floppy (A:), so that's okay also.
It sounds like the base14-1.bin floppy is bad. I'd try a different disk,
and 'rawrite2' it again with the base14-1.bin image. You might even want to
download that image again; it may be that the image itself was bad instead
of the floppy (but I doubt it, or rawrite2 would have choked).

Kent West, Technology Support
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu
Abilene Christian Univ., Abilene, TX
915-674-2557  FAX: 915.674.6724
Amateur Radio: KC5ENO
Debian Linux: Ride the wave with the penguins!