Re: How to get rid of the motd

You have to touch .hushlogin.

[04:43:35 shaul]$ man login

LOGIN(1)                                                 LOGIN(1)

NAME
       login - Begin session on the system

SYNOPSIS
       login [username [environmental-variables]]

DESCRIPTION
       login  is used to establish a new session with the system.

		. . .

       for more information.

       After a successful login, you will be informed of any sys­
       tem messages and the presence of mail.  You may  turn  off
       the  printing  of  the  system message file, /etc/motd, by
       creating a  zero-length  file  .hushlogin  in  your  login
       directory.   The mail message will be one of "You have new